Hey team, it’s larp season! That means there are a whole lot of great games, conventions, and other stuff on offer:
Nordic larps happening in Nordica:
- Mad About the Boy, a Norwegian game I helped run in the US last fall, will run again in Sweden this summer. I believe there are plans for two runs — an all-female run, as well as a mixed gender run. Sign-up starts March 15!
- There are still tickets to the two forthcoming runs of the Monitor Celestra, a Battlestar Galactica larp that is taking place on A REAL BATTLESHIP in Sweden over the next two weekends. Early reports from the first run seem to say that the game is flawed but really awesome.
- Just a Little Lovin’, a larp about the summer AIDS came to New York City will be re-run in Denmark this August.
- Panopticorp, a game about being PR monkeys for an evil government, will be re-run in Denmark this summer. Unfortunately, the tickets are sold out, but watch like a hawk and maybe someone will drop out…
In other news:
- Nordicans collaborated with Palestinians on a wedding larp!
- The Wyrd Con book (available for free download) came out. I have a piece in it on stealable Nordic techniques for US larp organizers!
- Lady Gamers of NYC should connect with this group, organizing women’s gaming events in free public space around NYC.
- I’m in the middle of convention-fever. I’ve helped run jeepform samplers at Dreamation (NJ) and Intercon (MA). This Friday you can catch me at the AWP writers’s convention talking with Ethan Gilsdorf and Peter Berbegal at the panel, “The Geek in Me: Writing from the Cultural Fringe” (10:30 am, room 109, Plaza Level). Then it’s on to Fastaval and Knutepunkt later this month.